Top 5 Reviews Of The Best Detail Sanders
Sanding is an important part while woodworking. How will you sand a curve or a compact corner while crafting or constructing your wood items? This is where you will need to use a detail sander. A detail sander is basically a very useful electric tool that will help you to easily sand out tight and hard to reach areas where it is not possible for you to reach with your bare hands. It is a hand-held tool with a triangular sanding head that will make things much simpler and faster for you. It is also useful in removing the glue residue that is left behind on the joints, which is otherwise very difficult to remove by hand.
Before acquiring a detail sander to assist you in your DIY woodworking skills and projects it is good to know more about the best detail sander that are trending the markets today. Read on to know the best detail sander reviews the UKwhich will definitely help you choose a woodworking tool that is best suited for your needs.
Best Detail Sanders in UK
BLACK+DECKER KA161BC Mouse Detail Sander with Accessories – The best small detail sander for all your DIY projects
Features about 16 accessories which are extremely useful and make it a value- added tool
The uniquely designed base allows for best results even in the remotest of corners.
The base also has a rotatable feature which enables paper rotation for optimum utilization of your sandpaper.
The sanding action is much quicker
Sand paper fitment is simpledue to the presence of an effective Velcro system.
Removable tips for added versatility
Use limited only to detail sanding as it is not a multi-tool
A superb product which comes with a base that has been engineered to excellent sanding results in intricate and deep corners of any kind of DIY projects. The tear-dropped shaped based is specially designed to enable the user to reach out to the farthest corners of your work areas. Removable tips addto greater versatility as they allow adding of other profile tips for further precision. Sand paper fitting can also be done with much ease and no clips are required for the same, instead of which the more -efficient and effective Velcro system has been put in place.
Bosch PSM 100 A Multi-Sander [Energy Class A]- An Effective and Versatile Tool
Lightweight and compact, the tool is ideal for sanding hard -to -reach and difficult res. Good for small and medium areas too.
For quick sand paper changing a micro Velcro -type fastening system has been provided
The two-piece sanding plate ensures optimum use of the sanding paper
a special dust extraction connection has been provided which can be used with all kinds of all-purpose vacuum cleaners.
Some users found the lid of the dust filter stiff and difficult to open
Some even found the case clips very tough to close.
The PSM 100 A is a basic detail sander that is good for occasional sanding. It is compact and robust too. The most attractive feature that appeals to most workers is that is extremely low in weight(0.9Kg) and is a pleasure to work with. Even with its low -weight feature it is able to provide a full 100-watt power to get the job done efficiently. Designed uniquely with a two -part sanding plate which is shaped like the base of a steam iron, this is a handy tool in which the pointed fore part is movable and the rear part is fixed.
VonHaus 130W Palm Detail Multi Hand Sander with Dust Extraction
Adaptor- Well-designed for maximum optimization
Small and easy to operate
Has a Medium sized motor which easily can manage medium and low-intensity sanding jobs.
Sanding sheets required for the tool are reasonably priced,thereby cutting down quite a bit on operational costs.
Due to the vacuum port for dust extraction not being of a standard size, it is very difficult to fix to any standard vacuum cleaner.
Some users were not very happy with the increased noise levels of the motor as well.
Like most palm sanders in this category, even the VonHaus Palm sander is mainly designed to be used for light and occasional use specifically for DIY projects and nothing heavier than that. This tool is compact and small and can be easily used one handed leaving the other free to maneuver the object being worked upon. It’s 130 W motor is powerful enough to handle all kinds of low-intensity detail sanding projects. Has an attached vacuum port that can be used for dust extraction but it is not a standard size.
Ryobi EMS180RV Multi Sander with 3-in-1 Functionality, 180 W- A multi-purpose handy tool for detail sanding
Powerful detail sander which is absolutely effective for DIY projects around the house and for hobbyists.
Effective speed control to make the sanding job quicker
Value for money
Shock absorption seems to be not too good.
Some users felt it was not powerful enough
Many were unhappy with the noise factor. said it was very noisy which led to a lot of distraction.
An easy to use and handy tool the Ryobi 180 W multi-pad detail sander is quite powerful and can be easily adjusted to suit multiple needs. The entire tool consists of 5 delta hooks, 5 finger hooks and loop pads, 5 third sheet hook and loop pads along with a sleek tool bag. It’s integrated dust technology system is well designed to pick-up dust with greater efficiency. Another popular and attractive feature is the live tool indicator that glows with a blue light as soon as it is plugged into a power source. Additionally, it has an integrated finger to be able to access into real deep corners and difficult to reach spaces.
WORX WX648 65W D-Tail Sander with Accessories
A Fairly light weight tool which is ergonomically designed for your ease and comfort
Provided with a DUSTOP micro filter to provide a clean working environment.
The soft grip handle allows for firm holding and eases pressure on the hand
Easy change of paper is enabled with the help of hooks and loops.
Pads are not available and have to be discarded once worn out
Some users felt it was not valued for money
Users were also not happy with the bag it came in, would have preferred a carry case.
Gets cut off the moment it heats up.
The Worx 65 W D-Tail Sander is good for both small and big job. Its compact lightweight design is very effective is reaching out to tight spots and hard to reach corners. The D-tail comes with a finger pad that enables you to reach the smallest of spaces to get that perfect finish to your workmanship. Components accompanying the tool include 9 pieces of Velcro sanding paper, 6 pieces of sanding paper, 6 pieces of finger sanding sheets, 1 piece finger pad and 1 piece dust collection box.
What is the best detail sander?
A detail sander also called a corner sander or a thumb sander is a very useful tool that all woodworking professional must have in their workshops. It is a very valuable tool especially when you are working on intricate and difficult projects. The detail sander is particularly handy because of its small size and ability to reach and complete the job even in the smallest of spaces.
The best detail sander is one that is capable of working in tight and cramped spaces. It should have the ability to smooth surfaces delicately without removing additional material too quickly. Usually triangular in shape, the tool oscillates at very high speed without removing too much of the material.
Tips on how to buy the best detail sander
There are several factors you need to consider before buying a detail sander that would be perfect for your needs. Here are the most important ones which will help you decide wisely-
- Type- Finishing woodwork projects which have plenty of rough edges and tight corners is not possible without the help of a detail sander. Smaller projects can be completed with the help of smaller finish sanders, but a bigger and a more difficult one may call for the requirement of a palm sander. Palm sanders are good for projects which need more effort as they have a good grip that will make the job seem easier as well as not tire you out.
- Power– The power of the motor of this mechanized tool also is an important factor. Difficult projects with longer working hours require more powerful motors whereas as if you’re are more of a hobbyist working for perfection in each of DIY projects then go in for the ones that have more control. A mouse sander would be a perfect choice in the case.
- Weight – It is obvious that the heavier your tool the more effort is required for its Heavy tools are difficult to maneuver too. If the specifications of tools you have selected are almost the same, it is always better to choose one that is lighter for ease of work.
- Price – For some this may be first criteria, but once the specifications are decided then you can find one that suits your budget too. If you are a professional woodworker you can think of investing in a powerful and more expensive sander but for an amateur, it’s advisable to go in for a more reasonably priced model.
Tips on how to use a detail sander
Knowing the right techniques and the correct way to use a tool goes a long way in getting the maximum out of it. Take a look at a few tips –
- Slow Speed- With a detail sander it is better to work slowly for the best results. When using a sander, you are working in the tightest of corners and the deepest of niches, so it is better to go forward at a slow and steady speed to avoid any kind of damage to the wood piece you are working on.
- Minimum Pressure– Like with speed, pressure should also be at a minimum. It is best not to apply too much pressure or over-exert your detail sander. Also, try not to force the tool by applying too much pressure or it may damage the motor as well.
- Change Speed– Another excellent feature to be seen in detail sanders is that you can work with them at different speeds. Depending on the detailing of the job at hand you can change the oscillation speed so as to increase or decrease the stress on the material you want to be sanded or removed.
Conclusion – what to choose?
There are plenty of detail sanders and also detail sanders reviewsavailable, but choosing the right one can be really tough. once you know which is the product you would like to have the next step is knowing and comparing product specifications. Factors liketype, power, weight, accessories, price and more need to be considered before you make your final choice.
After reviewing 5 of the top-rated detail sanders, the best and the most highly rated product is the BLACK+DECKER KA161BC Mouse Detail Sander with Accessories. It fulfills all the criteria that are essential for a good and best sander for detail work and is a complete value for money too. Several users who have used and reviewed various aspects of the detail sanders are highly satisfied with it and also recommended for regular use by all those who do a lot of woodworking projects. It is an excellent product that will make all your DIY woodworking projects seem much simpler and quicker to complete.