5 of the best mini circular saws reviewed available in 2021
SimpleHandyman Pick – WORX WX423
The winner of the best mini circular saw hands down is WORX WX423
Best mini circular saw for small to medium cutting jobs – Dremel DSM20
The Best cordless mini circular saw for plunge cuts – WORX WX523
The most adjustable mini circular saw is Einhell TC-CS 860/2 Kit Mini Circular Saw
The best rated compact circular saw – Bosch PKS 16 Multi Handheld Mini Circular Saw
How to choose the best mini circular saw?
1. Blade guard: Ensure that it retracts smoothly and comes back into position when released.
2. Power Cord: Make sure there are no cracks and cuts and also pay heed to the length of the cable.
3. Blade capacity: Larger blades means more power and more depth. Normally the blades used in circular saws vary between 5 ½ to 71/4 inches. Most blades around 5 3/8 inch can comfortably cut through 2 inches of lumber. But remember, the bigger the blade the heavier the saw.
4. Blade teeth: The more the number of teeth the cleaner the cut. But you must always take into consideration the blade capacity when checking the number of the teeth. Fewer teeth are beneficial for lengthwise cutting as they prevent clogging.
5. Base plate: It is important that the base plate be sturdy and strong to provide stability to the saw during operation.
6. Speed and power: Greater speed and more amps mean more power and quicker results with more accuracy. Select a mini circular saw based on the RPM or rotations per minute and the strength of the motor.
7. Depth adjustment: You should be able to adjust the depth to work on various materials and thickness
• Bevel adjustment: For the correct angle required for bevel cuts the bevel should be adjustable preferably to 45 degrees.
• Spindle Lock: It is important that the shaft and the blade be immobilized when you have to change the blade making it essential for the presence of a spindle lock.
• Laser guide: Though not a necessity it is useful in guiding you to cut accurately and in a straight line.
• Ease of use: A handheld model must be lightweight and compact to be used freely and with ease. You should look for a dust blower which will ensure that your line of vision is clear all the time. Pay attention the grip – is it firm.
Should you choose the Sidewinder or the Worm drive?
• Sidewinder: This design is more common wherein the motor and the blade are located on the same axis. These saws are lightweight and compact and hence popular.
• Worm Drive: These saws have the motor positioned at right angle to the blade. By using gears, the motor can increase the torque on the blade and produce more power. Ideally, they are suited for heavy-duty use. They are quiet and hence are nowadays used in handy circular saws.
Corded or cordless
On the other hand, I prefer the cordless version to reach the constrained nooks and corners where the corded one is limited. Yes, the battery life is not encouraging but then beyond two hours of sawing, I don’t think anyone will have the energy to do more. What I also like the cordless version is the lightweight nature and small size.
Summary and conclusion – what to choose in 2021 year?
Submit your review